May 22, 2012

Mother's Day

Our annual Mother's Day picture is one of the few times I make myself get on the other side of the camera.  My kids need some pictures of them with me too, right?  That's what I tell myself every now and then at least.  I am so blessed to have these amazing children to love, and to have the best mother and mother-in-law as my examples of wonderful mothers.

Ella's face cracks me up 






These pictures were taken for Grammy and Halmony for Mother's Day.



yet another example of Ella's need to touch her brother's head




 It was so hard to get Ethan to cooperate.  We was determined to not smile, and he was on a constant search for rocks and sticks.  Erik followed him around clipping his tie back on and tucking in his shirt, and I followed trying to get a decent picture.


Erik's attempt to get any type of smile out of Ethan

3 comments:

Emily said...

Your kids are so lucky to have YOU! And, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! You should be in every picture. That first one cracks me up too of Ella. She looks like a little old lady. You did a great job getting adorable ones of Ethan. He's such a mini Erik it kills me. I love you and can't wait to see you in July!!

Josh & Teddie said...

Those pictures are awesome! I can't believe you got such good ones! I have the hardest time getting good pictures of the kids and I only have 2!

MarySue said...

It has always been apparent to me that you love your children and love motherhood. I love all you invest in them. 3