November 29, 2012

Ethan 2 years old

Our sweet boy turned 2 on Saturday!  Ethan is talking up a storm.  He surprises us constantly with the things that he says.  The other day I asked him if he wanted some more cereal.  I expected a simple yes or no, but he said, "No, me had enough cereal."  He says "thank you mommy" for everything - when I give him a kiss, put on his shoes, let him skip a nap, let him walk instead of riding in the stroller, and the list goes on.  His favorite thing in the world is Wild Animal Baby (dvd for toddlers).  He goes nuts for those movies and begs to watch them every day.  He loves cars, trains, dinosaurs, Mickey Mouse, Elmo, and nurf guns.  He likes to run and be active.  He gives the tightest hugs.  He freely gives kisses to everyone he loves.  If you ask him if he's a big boy, he'll say, "Me no big boy, me Ethan!"  He will do the same thing if you tell him he's cute - "Me no cute, me Ethan!"  If he does something that he knows he is not supposed to do, he will put himself in time out (this has only happened a few times).  Right now he is really into books about sharks and can already identify a whale shark and hammerhead.  If adults are having a conversation, he will interject and say, "yeah, yeah" in a serious tone or laugh really hard when everyone else is laughing.  Ethan is such a joy to have in our family.  He brings so much laughter and happiness to us all.  We love him to pieces!      
 






Ethan makes goggles with his hands and says, "Me see you!"


 


 

4 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Happy Birthday Big E!!! We love you so much. You are the sweetest boy around. Miss you! Love Aunt Mimi, Uncle Matt, 'Kenny' and Brinley

Ginger said...

I love these pictures of him. He is such a cutie. I can't believe he is already 2!!

Caitlin and Jared said...

Time sure flies. He could not be any cuter!

jody said...

Grammy,s Little Big Guy! I'm in love wiyj every picture. Hugs and kisses