June 25, 2012

two-wheeler

Avery can ride her bike without the training wheels!  Erik started to teach her last summer in Oregon, but when we got home the lessons were put off and put off until this summer.  I didn't get any pictures of Erik holding onto the back of her bike this time around.  Avery mastered the two wheels in two days!  She never even took a spill.  I thought all kids were supposed to wipe out at least once and get scraped knees when they learned to ride a bike.  I'm so proud of my big girl!






Avery was nice enough to smile at the camera as she flew by.


In other news... Ella got a bigger bike.  We found the perfect princess bike that has a little seat in the front to carry her dolls. She has recently gotten the hang of riding a bike.  Just in the fall, she didn't know how to pedal without stepping back on the brakes all the time.  She is a pro at turning and even doing a trick that she calls a pirouette (sp?).  One thing that makes me nervous is that she gets really excited sometimes and goes super fast and almost topples over.  



working hard to get up that hill




1 comment:

Caitlin and Jared said...

I love the mermaid tail poking out the front : )