February 22, 2012

ice skating

We took the kids ice skating for the first time. We went to a small outdoor rink in Newport, RI. Avery and Ella both caught on really quickly. Ella got bored with it after a few times around, but Avery was begging to go skating again even before we were finished skating that night.


Gappo helping Ella keep her balance



a lot of kids (and some adults) were using these cones to hold themselves up


Halmony, Ethan, and Erik watching and cheering



Avery skating with no help! By the end of the night, she could go halfway around the rink by herself without falling. I was very impressed.


Avery was so tired at the end, but she wanting to keep going because she wanted to "get fast like mommy."

3 comments:

Jody said...

what a fun fun family activity! I would have been a really good cheer leader for those skating. Too scared of falling at this age. hugs grammy

Amber said...

Fun!!! I love Avery's determination. I am sure one day she will be as fast as mommy!

MarySue said...

What delightful opportunities you provide to bless your children's/family life.