September 6, 2011

first day of school

I wanted Avery to put both straps on her shoulders but she wanted to put on one strap, so our compromise was that one arm could be halfway through.

My first baby's in kindergarten - I can't believe it! I miss her when she's away from me. Thankfully, Avery's only gone less than 3 hours a day.

8 comments:

Jody said...

Avery,you look oh so cute in your jeweled shirt. It sparkles just like the smile on your face. I hope your first day of school was so so great. Love and hugs, grammy

Jen and Joe. said...

I know, can you believe it? Ian starts tomorrow....except it's not 3 hours...

...it's 6.

That would be enough time for me to drive to your house, cry a little bit, and drive all the way back to pick him up.

Faas Fam said...

I can't believe how old Avery is getting! She is so cute. Eli only has half-day kindergarten too and I'm thankful for that.

Emily said...

Ohhhhhh, sweet Azie!!! Can't believe she's old enough to go to school!! Good luck and have fun!! Sure miss that beautiful girl! Xoxo...

Amber said...

Oh my we were dying laughing over the backpack strap compromise. Love that little girly! Hope kindergarten is so much fun!

Caitlin and Jared said...

How exciting--about kindergarten and Ethan walking!

Erin said...

How did it go? Does she like it so far?

sylvia said...

From day one avery has loved school. She loves to surprise me every day with the crafts they made that day.