July 29, 2011

another first

Up until tonight, Ethan's vocabulary consisted of "uh! uh!" and screaming. When I laid him in his crib for the night, he started to cry and wail, but then he started to say "mama, mama" over and over again. I was so relieved that he wasn't developmentally delayed (because I worry unnecessarily about things like that), and my heart strings were being tugged big time by hearing him say my name, that I rushed into his room to "save" him from bedtime. He most likely isn't connecting me with the word "mama" right now, but I have to tell you that someone has me wrapped around his little finger.
Ethan doing "take a rest" and being cute. He's started doing this without the verbal cue to get attention from family members during meal time.

2 comments:

Benj and Melinda said...

He is so cute. I was so excited when Samantha started saying mamma.... only to realize she was saying more me more me and just simple begging for more food haha.

If you are around in August we would love to see you too! E-mail or give me a call when you are here!

MarySue said...

Oh that beautiful boy! I think yours' is just the first heart he will melt ;)