January 18, 2010

going home

We fly home to Erik in 2 days!! The kids and I can't wait to see him - it's been more than 2 weeks since he went home. We've had the best time here with my family. Thank you for everything! We love you.


Here are the last of the pictures from our vacation.

My dad made this bracelet for Avery out of rope, using repetitions of a type of sailor's knot. Then he carefully sewed each charm on.
This is Avery in her favorite shirt. She's been in this stage where she HAS to wear a pink short-sleeved shirt, and the only ones that we have are now at least a size too small. If you look at the older posts, you'll notice that this is all she wears. After 2 straight mornings of Avery whispering in my ear at the crack of dawn, "Mommy, where's my short-sleeve shirt? I can't find it. I don't know where it is. Can you get it for me?", I finally started putting them on a stool for her in plain sight to put on by herself.

Avery trying to read...
...while Ella blew, and blew, and blew

Ella not too happy with me, but isn't she cute?
Avery put on Uncle Matt's kick boxing shorts and gloves and had a smackdown with Bob.



3 comments:

Emily Carlson said...

Wish home was in Oregon.... I bet Erik has missed his 3 girls a lot. Safe travels. Love you guys!

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Those kick-boxing photos are too cute. Mark has a Mac computer too and I remember having fun with photo booth when we visited him -- crazy,fun photos. Wow, I'm impressed with my brother's braclet making skills. He should open up an online shop at Etsy and sell those.

Lauren said...

i love that bracelet!! what a neat idea. looks like you had a great time with your family!