December 29, 2009

family photos

We took some very informal family pictures today using a tripod and the timer on the camera. It's funny how quiet and still everybody suddenly gets right after the person who pushes the button quickly runs back to get into position. I never really noticed this deafening silence in other family pictures before because we didn't have Ella pointing it out, so to speak. Every time it got quiet, she would turn her head around looking at everyone wondering what the problem was. By the time we all got done saying, "Ella look at the camera..." CLICK. You can imagine a bunch of mouths open and fingers pointing at the camera and Ella still looking away. So we put a box of tic-tacs on the camera and told her to look at the candy and smile. It worked!


Ella went to pick up the box of tic tacs that fell just after the shutter button was pushed. She got up right as the camera was about to go off. I love everyone's reaction in the background.

Money. Except I didn't account for myself when I was framing the picture, so the line-up is crooked.

Grammy bought these adorable gingerbread girl sweaters for Avery and Ella

There's something magical about this Christmas tree. It's the only spot that they'll willingly take pictures together and be happy at the same time. Needless to say, there have been a lot of pictures of the two of them taken in front of this tree.



Smooch!

4 comments:

Emily Carlson said...

AD-OR-ABLE!!!! Great, great photos. The family one turned out great and I love the pink sweaters and the girls having fun together. Super, super cute. So happy everyone is having fun. Happy New Year. We finally got some snow today. Took me over 2 hours to get home from work -but alas, safely I got home. I'm sure it will be gone tomorrow -BOO! Love ya, Mimi

Caitlin and Jared said...

So cute! We miss you guys!!

MarySue said...

Wonderful photos. I sound so repetitious but your blog is such fun and a wonderful way to keep in touch with you and those ever growing, changing darling great neices of mine. Happy New Year and safety whenever you return home. 3

Jody said...

I want a "smooch" from my little girls! Boy, do they ever look cute in their matching sweaters. Yes, it took dad 3 1/2 hrs to get home from work! The snow was beautiful not didn't last long enough. love and hugs Grammy