Thank you Erin for having us for the weekend, making the best breakfast for us, and showing us around town. It was the best getting to laugh with you again.

The bus drops you off in the city just right there on the street.

our ride

Erin and Jonah. Jonah is such a funny, lovable little boy.

After putting the kids to bed Friday night, Erin and I went out to see Time Square.

Then we had a slice of pie at Cafe Lalo. A scene from the movie You've Got Mail was shot here.

Saturday

buddies
FAO Swartz

we headed straight for the pink section

gotta do the Big Piano

Avery bunny-hopped on each key, up and down probably 3 or 4 times.


we also saw a Lego chewbakka

the view from FAO Swartz's 2nd floor window

a girl's dream

these pretty tutus lined both sides of the aisle

candy man was made of hundreds of jelly beans

Avery got to pick a few of her favorite candies


Avery chowing on her candy

pigeons

horse and carriage...and more pigeons

Central Park was so pretty and peaceful right in the midst of the bustling city.

I have my own building!

Museum of Natural History. Avery was pumped to see these dinosaur skeletons

I couldn't get Avery and all of the dino in the same shot.
5 comments:
WOW!!!! You guys are so lucky. What an experience. Looks like so so much fun. I'm so happy that you and Avery got to go together. I bet it meant a lot to Avery and it will be a trip she will never forget. Great pictures. Love ya.
I can't believe how grown up Avery is! Looks like a fun trip.
THat is so fun! I love NYC!!!
Sylv. Thank. You. SOOOOOOO. Much for coming to see us. I will never forget it. You and Avery are such wonderful company and your very presence in our home made me feel happy, even when we were just sitting around, relaxing. Doing all the fun stuff was great too, of course :) These photos all turned out great- you are a real photographer! Seriously! And I am not, so I really admire your talent. Thanks for the tip on the raw format thing... I'm sure Mike knows how to convert the files. As soon as we figure it out we'll post pictures and do your weekend more justice.
Love you dearly,
Erin
What a grand adventure you and Avery had! I remember taking the bus from R.I. to New York when I was little.Your Grandmother Nye loved taking us on trips to New York City (that's how I joined the church, when one of those trips was to the New York World's Fair where our church had a pavilion). I'm so jealous you are enjoying fall weather in New England. How I miss those crisp days and all the change of colors.
Post a Comment