Avery's first day of preschool was on Tuesday. To ease the kids into it, the parents were invited to stay with the kids for an hour and then take them home. School started at 9 am. Erik needed the car that day, so I put the kids in the double jogger and headed out at 8:30. Being only about a mile away, it took us 20 minutes to walk to school. Since preschool ended early, we had the rest of the morning to go to a nearby playground and library.
Thursday was her "real" first day where I dropped her off and left. She was pretty nervous about the idea of not having me there, but when the time came for me to leave, she just gave me a kiss and hug and said goodbye. When I picked her up three hours later, she was so happy and said her favorite part of preschool was doing a funny dance. Her teachers Miss Cheryl and Miss Penny are wonderful. I am so proud of my little girl for being brave and going to preschool all by herself.

the most treacherous part of our walk - getting past the Dunkin Donuts. It is always busy, especially at 8:30 in the morning. This picture was taken around 11:30 when I was on my way back to pick up Avery on Thursday.


right next to the library is an old church with a working clock at the top. We made it to this point in 15 minutes. The preschool is just around the corner.

they each have a place to hang their bags and jackets
Avery is a puzzle maniac
Avery lit up when she found this chalkboard with a real eraser. At our house, we just have a paper towel to erase with


It got a bit crowed with all the parents and siblings. There are only 11 children in her class.
Avery on Thursday with her new lunch box

























3 comments:
I saw the picture of the girl trying to 'help' w/ the puzzle and I knew what was going on before I even read your caption - I thought, "Uh oh, this girl doesn't know what she's up against!!" Too funny. Love the picture of when you got home and they were sacked out. Exhausting day! Too sweet. Love you!
**it wouldn't pick up my name -so obviously it's Emily**
Wow to go Avery. I am so glad you like your Preschool. 3
what a big girl!
Post a Comment