From a very early age Avery has taken to my old baby blanket. It is her comfort, her joy, her most prized possession. She calls it her "bauket," formerly called "baukie."
Avery at 16 months. She still can't go to bed without it.
Part of the way she gets comfort from the blanket is by biting it. Because of this and the fact that it is 25 years old, the blanket has suffered a lot of tears. Five patches have already been lovingly sewn.

5 comments:
Long live the blanket!! For the sake of Avery and her family. I have seen how much love is in it and it is sweet. Avery Grammy loves you!
Sylvia! I found you from Kim's blog and I'm so glad I did! Your girls are growing so fast! They are both just so darling. I can't believe how much Avery looks like you and Ella looks like Erik! Hope things are going well for you!
Hey, I still sleep with mine and I am almost 30!!! Unfortunately, my type of baby blanket cannot be patched. It's almost in a couple of different pieces, but it brings me such happiness and peace. I know..I'm a dork! Love you sweet Avery and Ella!! and Sylvia and Erik too.
This is how I DO eat my desserts! Socially acceptable or not! ha ha what a cutie
Too cute!
Post a Comment